Thursday, November 13, 2008

On Using Twitter

Alright folks, I bet you guys have already heard of Twitter. In fact, you have been using it and already have hundreds, if not thousands of followers. So far, I have 185 followers and currently following 37 people. My Twitter Grade is 82 at the time of this writing.

My personal opinion of this micro-blogging tool is that Twitter is a fantastic tool. I read there are about 3 million Tweeple (Twitter people) and growing very fast. According to this post, Twitter have recently surpassed the Billionth tweet mark.


Unlike social networks where you have to send them an invitation first before being friends with them for contacts, you don't need to have invitation on Twitter anymore. Just follow those people that interest you and you're good to go.

Most people I follow on Twitter are known Internet Marketers. They have 3000, 5000 to as much as 15000 followers! Pretty cool huh? I guess Twitter is now the micro-list builder tool, what ya think? XD You can set up an auto-welcome message to your new followers with TweetLater.com, autoresponder with Aweber, etc etc. For Twitter tools and Twitter-related sites, visit http://twitter-feiyie.blinkweb.com/about-twitter.html.

Anyways, I get some traffic from Twitter when I share links. Not that much coz I only have really few followers at the moment. When new people follow me, I don't usually follow them back. I only follow them back if they have responded to me even once. Auto-welcome not included. lol. Why? Because I wanna know how many people read my tweets. And I so don't wanna follow everyone where I can miss the people who give great tweets. Honestly, I really want to build relationships with them, I want them to be my Twitter friends. Well, I guess everytime I tweet, only a few followers actually read it. Pretty slack, ae? Maybe my location is one of the factor, my timezone is so much advance, specially that my followers are from the US. Or maybe they just don't read them. Oh well. Sorry for those whom I am not following back. Peace out. Well, I will follow them back if I feel that they read my tweets and give value to them.

One day I tweeted something like "If you respond to this tweet, I will follow you back. (if I'm not yet following you)" Well, only 1 person actually replied. And to my shock, it was Darren Olander. He's the owner of BuildMyDownlines and ListJumper and others. I'm a member of these two sites. Anyways, so yeah, what I wanna point out is, if you use Twitter, don't just use it for business. Have fun with it, make friends. After all, that is what successful internet marketers also tell us, right? Build relationships, whether networking or list building. I have some Twitter friends actually. They are cool.

While Twitter is such a great tool, you should learn how to use it properly. They block accounts that Twitter thit seems like a spam account. There are people who mass-follow people in order to get followers. These people think that every people who they follow will follow them back. I had another account where I tried doing it, and believe me, it just wouldn't work. I even have more followers to my Feiyie account than the other one. I strongly discourage you to mass-follow. Follow genuine people you really want to follow. But if you follow them and doesn't follow you back, fine. Try to reply to their tweets and be friends with them, they might likely follow you back one day. Time to make new friends via Twitter!

I have made this exclusive site for my Twitter Followers. I mught put up a blog on that site too. Feel free to visit at http://twitter-feiyie.blinkweb.com/. You can also grab some Twitter freebies there. lol. If you are not yet following me, then hit that Follow button now. :)

If you are reading this because you got it from Twitter, then post your Twitter link here so I can follow you back! :) A way of saying thanks for following me on Twitter. lol

Cheers,

Feiyie

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That's pretty cool, I didn't know about GigaTweet until I read your post.

I also like your Darren Olander story. When you make even a small effort to connect, you never know where it might lead.